Do you think it is worth hiring a professional painter, or do you prefer DIY?
- Home Decor
- August 10, 2022
You might be tempted to DIY your home’s painting project because of the popularity of television home-remodelling programs. This seems like an easy task. Let’s take a moment to consider whether it is worth it….
- You may love painting, and get great satisfaction by completing your own project. Most people have limited time due to work or family obligations. Time is life. It’s not about saving money, but about making sure you have enough time to enjoy the things that matter most. People find that cleaning up and basic maintenance is enough to eat into their free time without having to take on more difficult tasks like painting.
- Your level of equipment will determine how much savings you can make. You may not realize how much you save on labour when you buy protection sheets, drop cloths and scrapers, sanding equipment, paint brush and rollers and drip trays and extension sticks, ladders and scaffolding, and other accessories. This is especially true when you consider the time and effort required to complete the job. You may find that if you’re a beginner painter, the job can take twice as long than hiring a professional who is more efficient.
- It can take time to prepare and clean the surface properly before you open a tin or paint. This is essential to ensure that you don’t have to do the job again sooner than you expected.
- House painters in West Auckland use appropriate safety equipment to minimize the risk to your family and yourself when dealing with hazardous situations like solvents, dust, poisonous lead paints and solvents.
- They can handle everything, from moving furniture to removing home decorations and pictures from walls to finding the right quality paint in the correct colour to clean up and disposal. Their experience and judgment can help you make the right colour choice based on the effects of natural light in your home.
- They can make a stunning finish with less mess.